Helping Parents of Late Talkers Use Gestures to Support Expressive Language Development
||2-5 registrations: 10% off
6+ registrations: 15% off
|Contact email@example.com to register your group.
It’s well recognized that children’s gesture use is an important part of their expressive language development. What’s also well known is that children tend to use more gestures when they have parents who do the same. But for parents who are not natural gesturers, it can be difficult to consistently incorporate gestures into interactions with their child.
This e-Seminar explores what is known about the connection between gesture use and the development of word combinations, and helps you develop a plan of action for supporting parents of Late Talkers to add specific gesture types to their verbal language models to encourage their child’s expressive language development.
Upon completion of this 2 hour e-seminar, participants will be able to:
- define the various gesture types associated with early communication development.
- describe the developmental milestones for gesture use in typical language learning toddlers.
- develop a plan of action for teaching parents how to add specific gesture types to their verbal language models in order to support their child’s expressive language development.
Professional Development Hours
- 2 professional development hours
Cindy Earle, M.A., S-LP(C), CCC, Reg CASLPO, Program Director for Target Word® - The Hanen Program for Parents of Children who are Late Talkers. Cindy is also the Resource Coordinator for Hanen Training for Ontario’s Preschool Speech and Language Initiative. As an experienced Hanen Instructor, Cindy has conducted numerous workshops and done many presentations both in North America and abroad. She is an experienced leader of the It Takes Two to Talk®, Learning Language and Loving It™ and Target Word® Programs.
- Professionals who work with young children and their families
- Speech-language pathology and early childhood education students
Note: If you are a parent, this e-Seminar will not meet your learning needs. Find out how Hanen can help you.
Find out what's required to access this e-Seminar.
Return to top to register
Note: This e-Seminar focuses on the information outlined above, and will include no or limited information about similar products or services.