Membership for Speech-Language Pathology Graduates
If you’ve recently graduated with a Masters Degree (from US/Canada) or Bachelors Degree (from UK/Australia/New Zealand) or other international equivalent, in Speech-Language Pathology, and you expect to work with young children (birth – 5), a Hanen membership can be an invaluable asset in your career.
Speech-language pathologists become Hanen members when they take one of our three Certification workshops – It Takes Two to Talk®, More Than Words® or Learning Language and Loving It™.
Student Subsidy for It Takes Two to Talk®
For new SLP graduates who would like to take the It Takes Two to Talk Certification Workshop, The Hanen Centre is pleased to offer for a $200.00 subsidy toward the registration fee for the workshop.
Annual deadlines to apply for the subsidy are June 15th and December 15th, and you must apply within two years of your graduation date.
If you’ve already graduated and you would like to apply for the Student Subsidy, download the Registration Form, and email it back to email@example.com.
If you’re still a student, don’t forget to bookmark this page and come back to it once you’ve graduated!
About Hanen membership
The It Takes Two to Talk®, More Than Words® and Learning Language and Loving It™ workshops include a one-year renewable Hanen membership that’s designed to continuously enrich your career as a speech-language pathologist and support your growth as a clinician and Hanen Group Leader.
Hanen membership offers SLPs around the world a gateway to practical, cutting-edge knowledge and tools for empowering parents and educators to build the social, language and literacy skills of young children. Becoming a Hanen member means you’ll have access to quality professional support and continuous opportunities to build your clinical skills and connect with other professionals around the world.
Benefits of Hanen membership include:
- Advanced Hanen workshops – Depending on the entry-level workshop you choose, maintaining your Hanen membership gives you access to specialized advanced workshops for working with very specific populations, such as Late Talkers, high-functioning verbal children with autism and 3-5 year-olds in early childhood settings.
View a complete list of Hanen workshops for SLPs.
- Convenient, clinically relevant online training opportunities at reduced costs – Hanen offers its members a variety of online training opportunities at significantly discounted rates, including several member-exclusive topics. Informative, interactive and approved for Continuing Education Credits, Hanen e-Seminars keep you up-to-date on the latest research, sharpen your clinical skills, and enhance your application of the Hanen approach in your day-to-day work.
View a complete list of current e-Seminars.
- Continuous updates on research in the field – Hanen breaks down the latest research for you into easy-to-digest articles and video presentations that focus on what’s most relevant to your daily work.
- Opportunities to network with other Hanen-trained professionals – Hanen members can easily connect with like-minded members locally through Hanen Member Interest Groups and internationally through Hanen’s dynamic member-only website.
- Member-only promotions on Hanen resources
- Continually updated program materials in multiple languages
- Simple online tools for promoting your clinical services and your Hanen programs to families in your area
- Ongoing clinical support from Hanen’s Program Directors.
- Continued certification to offer the Hanen program(s) in which you were trained.