Hanen Membership for Early Childhood Professionals
If you are an early childhood professional involved in training or consulting to early childhood educators, a Hanen membership can support and enhance the work you do. You’ll gain knowledge, tools, skills and ongoing support that will help you empower educators to create the kind of language-rich classroom environments where children’s communication skills soar.
How do you Become a Hanen Member?
Early childhood education consultants/trainers become Hanen members when they complete the Learning Language and Loving It™ Certification Workshop.This intensive 3-day workshop licenses you to offer the evidence-based Learning Language and Loving It Program for Early Childhood Educators, a program designed to teach educators responsive interaction strategies to use in their day-to-day work with children in order to build the language, social and early literacy skills of preschool children.
Following the Learning Language and Loving It Certification Workshop, your Hanen membership will continue to enrich your career as an early childhood professional, keeping you connected and well-informed, and providing you with many opportunities to build your knowledge and skills.
Benefits of Membership
Here are some of the key benefits of Hanen membership for early childhood professionals:
- Access to the ABC and Beyond™ Advanced Hanen Workshop – Once you are certified in Learning Language and Loving It, you will be eligible to register for Hanen’s advanced workshop for early childhood professionals, ABC and Beyond. ABC and Beyond focuses specifically on the promotion of emergent literacy for 3-5 year-olds in early childhood settings. It shows you how to help educators promote the higher-level early literacy skills that are predictive of future academic success: vocabulary, print knowledge, oral language, story comprehension, abstract language comprehension and phonological awareness.
Read more about the ABC and Beyond Advanced Workshop.
- Access to convenient online training opportunities – Hanen offers its members a variety of online training opportunities at significantly discounted rates, including several member-exclusive topics. These highly practical, interactive e-Seminars keep you up-to-date on the latest research and offer immediately usable tools and strategies.
View a complete list of Hanen e-Seminars.
- Continuous updates on research in the field – Hanen breaks down the latest research for you into easy-to-digest articles and video presentations that focus on what’s most relevant to your daily work.
- Opportunities to network with other Hanen-trained professionals – Hanen members can easily connect with like-minded members locally through Hanen Member Interest Groups and internationally through Hanen’s dynamic member-only website.
- Member-only promotions on Hanen resources
- Continually updated program materials in multiple languages
- Ongoing support from Hanen’s Program Directors.
- Continued certification to offer the Hanen program(s) in which you were trained.
Are You Ready to Join Us?
If you share our commitment to promoting the rich learning environments that are essential for the future academic success of preschoolers, then please let us welcome you to the Hanen network.
Register for a workshop and become a Hanen member!